Choosing the perfect home cinema projector.
Zurich, on 25.12.2015
Translation: Jessica Johnson-Ferguson
Home cinema projectors should deliver great performance in small, dark rooms. We’ve put together some purchase tips, key features you should look out for and recommendations for products available in our online shop.
- HD resolution with 1920x1080 pixels
- 1080p for Full HD resolution
- HDMI connection
- Projector noise levels should be below 30dB for undisturbed movie nights Tip: if noise levels are indicated in ECO mode, add 6–8dB for a reliable value.
- 10 000:1 contrast ratio for a sharp contrast
- 1000 ANSI lumen or higher for darkened rooms
Optional * Lens Shift: for easy image adjustment * 3D mode * High energy efficiency (A+) for low power consumption * Larger home cinema projectors usually have a higher quality LensShift and better cooling i.e. they operate more quietly
Category Development Manager, Zurich
I’ve had a fascination for content marketing ever since uni. My aim is to generate great content – any requests are welcome. Photography is what I’m passionate about and so is shopping. So I’ve definitely found my place in the online business at digitec!